One of the more common legal processes where opportunities exist to mitigate costs for the legal profession is associated with satisfying subpoenas in civil cases. Even a small case with a short duration can result in the need to gather and reproduce thousands of pages of documents, including: various agreements, letters, contracts, meeting notes, emails and other supporting materials.
The document reproduction costs associated with these cases alone can run into the many thousands of dollars. In addition, substantial hourly rates are charged to clients by lawyers and their respective staffs as they seek to locate specific information relevant to a case that may be included in the supplied materials. At most firms’ hourly rates, this can be a significant cost to clients and can take considerable time, lengthening the overall process while increasing costs.
With Praura, lawyers can better serve an ever cost-conscious clientele in an increasingly competitive market by simplifying the process required to satisfy information production and sharing requirements tied to civil cases. By simplifying the process, lawyers can keep ancillary document reproduction and research costs in check.
Praura allows lawyers to build a virtual network for each case to ensure that all relevant parties have access to the right information at the right time. Tasks can be tracked and quickly assigned to administrative staff and associates. Calendars can be shared to keep everyone’s schedule coordinated. Access to sensitive documents can be tightly controlled. Discovery can be simplified through the use of powerful search and retrieval tools and document reproduction costs can be brought to zero as documents can be quickly shared with opposing counsel in electronic form via a secure online portal.
When combined with internal case management and workflow solutions, Praura can significantly lower costs for clients while improving services and can simplify the delivery of large volumes of documents and information to opposing counsel when satisfying a subpoena request.
- Ability to seamlessly upload large volumes for documents
- Advanced searching simplifies discovery process by enabling robust searches across all documents in the library with a single search regardless of document format
- Limit access to sensitive documents while assigning access to relevant parties
- Manage tasks and coordinate calendars with administrative staff
- Build a virtual network for a case without letting outside parties into case management workflow
- Reduce or eliminate document reproduction costs for clients